Sunday, October 18, 2015

Hollow City

Title: Hollow City

Author: Ransom Riggs

First Published: January 14th, 2014

Series: Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #2

Genre: YA, Fantasy, Historical Fiction

Available As: Hardcover, paperback, ebook

Pages: 416

My Rating: 9/10

Goodreads Summary:
September 3, 1940. Ten peculiar children flee an army of deadly monsters. And only one person can help them—but she’s trapped in the body of a bird.

The extraordinary journey that began in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children continues as Jacob Portman and his newfound friends journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. There, they hope to find a cure for their beloved headmistress, Miss Peregrine. But in this war-torn city, hideous surprises lurk around every corner. And before Jacob can deliver the peculiar children to safety, he must make an important decision about his love for Emma Bloom. Like its predecessor, this second novel in the Peculiar Children series blends thrilling fantasy with vintage photography to create a one-of-a-kind reading experience.

This book does not disappoint! As eerie and chilling as the first book, the sequel is a great read that had me on the edge throughout the whole book.

Being thrown into the harsh world, the gang desperately tries to find a way to save Miss Peregrine before it's too late. I really liked how we saw many more peculiars and how it wasn't just humans. All these new abilities! I like how Jacob developed his ability a bit more in this book, and he's on the road to fully being able to control it. Right now, it still brings him discomfort when he uses it.

I hope they do manage to solve everything in the last book (*sob it's a trilogy) and that things will get better. What will Jacob do? Will he stay with the peculiars? Or will he go back? I think he'll stay with his friends. What does going back to his old life bring him? I think he would just be miserable. Maybe he won't follow his grandfather's footsteps in this one.

What do you think of the cover? When I first walked past the book in the bookshop, I didn't even notice that there was a hole in the girl. But I think the cover describes the book pretty well. I think this is my favourite cover of the three books.

I can't wait to read Library of Souls. I know it's going to be really good. I'm also hoping that the movie will be good. Well, Tim Burton is directing it so I'm sure he'll catch the atmosphere!

My Chosen Quote:
“Laughing doesn’t make bad things worse any more than crying makes them better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!