Sunday, November 15, 2015

Cress

Title: Cress

Author: Marissa Meyer

First Published: February 4th, 2015

Series: The Lunar Chronicles #3

Genre: YA, Fantasy, Romance

Available As: Hardcover, paperback, ebook

Pages: 550

My Copy: Ebook

My Rating: 9/10

Goodreads Summary:
In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.

When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.



Introducing Cress, a new addition to the team! A retelling on Rapunzel, Cress has been in orbit in space for as long as she can remember, helping out Queen Levana. She's had enough, though. And she has decided to help Cinder instead.

Out of all three girls, I think Cinder is still my favourite. To me, Cress is like the sweet girl of the group. She is that ray of sunshine whereas Cinder and Scarlet are tired and wary of the world around them. It's no wonder that Thorne fell in love with her. Their relationship developed steadily throughout this book, and it's one of the strongest bonds out of those that exist. But both sides are trying to hide it desperately. At first, Cress was openly in love, until she realised Thorne wasn't the person she thought he was. She still loves him, despite everything. We don't see much of Wolf and Scarlet, and neither do we see much of Kai and Cinder. I really ship Kai and Cinder, so I hope all goes well for those two. Wolf and Scarlet are a cool couple - they're more badass and tough than lovey-dovey though.

In this book, we get a glimpse of Winter and Jacin. Their relationship I'm skeptical about, but I'm sure Meyer will be able to spin a cute love story behind them. Winter is kinda crazy from not using her Lunar powers, but I respect her for making this decision.

The plot thickens as the tension between the Lunars and humans grow. The war is inevitable, despite Kai's half-hearted attempts at an alliance. I wonder if they will defeat Levana and Cinder overtakes the crown. Will she make a good leader? Or will she abandon the responsibilities and give the title to Winter? I wonder...

My Chosen Quote:
“I promise, I will not let you die without being kissed.”

2 comments:

  1. Cress (both the book and the character) was amazing! Cress (the character) was absolutely fantastic, since she was so optimistic about love. She really brightened up the party, and I think they really needed someone like Cress to help out. I ship Winter and Jacin a lot, even though I don't know them yet, but let's be honest, Marissa Meyer is going to be able to work her magic and turn them into yet another cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome review! I'm really overwhelmed with how thick the book is so that holds me off from reading it. Lol! I love Thorne so I'm really happy that you mentioned that there's a lot of cress & thorne scenes in the book! :)

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!