Friday, October 3, 2014

I Hunt Killers

Title: I Hunt Killers
"You won't know you've crossed the line until
it's way back in your rearview mirror"

Author: Barry Lyga

First Published: 2012

Series: Followed by Game

Genre: YA, Thriller, Horror, Mystery

Available As: Paperback, ebook

My Rating: 8.5/10

Jazz is the son of the notorious serial killer, Billy Dent. Since he was born, his father has been teaching him how to become a killer like him. He's been witnessing all his father's crimes from the inside view. But, his father has been in prison for a while now. Jazz thought his life would be better, until dead bodies start piling up. Again. And Jazz is determined to find the killer this time.

Jazz is a teenage boy who's already witnessed too many things he shouldn't have. It's scarred him, and sometimes, he feels like he is a killer on the inside, thanks to the lessons Billy drilled into his brain since young. He has flashbacks of when he was younger, and one of them is a recurring flashback of killing someone (He just can't seem to remember who!)

I also loved the relationship between Howie and Jazz. They're always there for each other, and Howie seems to be one of the reasons Jazz hasn't spiralled into insanity yet. Quite nice friendship. Jazz is protective of Howie, and I love their little conversations. It's funny. However, I thought Connie wasn't the most important. She's Jazz's girlfriend who doesn't seem much of help. *Sigh. Oh well.

There's a lot of vivid imagery in the book; it describes in detail all the gory bits, especially how each person was cruelly murdered. It's a gory book, and it's amazing. There are so many little details, and even some medical things you learn! Now I know how to cut off someone's fingers if I ever need to. Weird right?

I really liked how we could finally see the point of view of a serial killer, and how they really work, because you don't really see this in TV shows or movies. It's just not detailed enough. This time, you don't only see the point of view of the police and Jazz, but also how a serial killer thinks and works. Now, if you wanna become a serial killer, here's your book!

This book was amazing, and I know the sequel is out!! If you like gore and horror, here's your next read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! I hope you liked my post! I'd love to hear your thoughts, so if you'd like to drop me a little message/comment, that would probably make my day! :) Thanks for visiting my blog!